Monday, February 1, 2021

Alexander the Grape

For years when I have taught about the Hellenistic age and the conquests of Alexander the Great, I have referenced the famous pun-named candy "Alexander the Grape."  I LOVED this candy when I was young, and consumed way too much of it for my own good.  So, one can imagine my dismay when it disappeared from stores sometime in the 90's.  

I often referenced it during class whenever Alexander came up though - both for a funny anecdote, and to help kids remember the importance of the Hellenistic era - for which Alexander is most responsible..

So, He's back.  Let's all hope that more historically themed candy can crawl back into our lives asap.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

What is Punk Rock Pedagogy?

The most valuable preparation that I ever received for teaching history in a public high school was from punk rock bands.  Growing up in Win...