Wednesday, April 6, 2016

National Board Renewal Got Me like {grateful}

Illustrated Timeline
I am currently in the process of renewing my National Board certification this semester.  Though time consuming, I have come to enjoy certain aspects of the process.  Any time that I get an opportunity to slow down and reflect on my craft is a good thing.  If nothing else, this process has cultivated reflection.

How To Build an Empire: Children's Books
But it has also forced me to document many of the activities that we do in my classroom, that I typically would not take the time to capture.  And though it has illuminated certain areas where I need to grow and develop - it has also made me proud of my students, and the work that we do together daily.

So, my ultimate takeaway from the National Board renewal process is: I am grateful.  I love my job, and I love leading high school kids through this curious labyrinth of history.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

What is Punk Rock Pedagogy?

The most valuable preparation that I ever received for teaching history in a public high school was from punk rock bands.  Growing up in Win...